- A child is placed on our waitlist when contact is made by telephone, in person or by email to an office staff at the Centre. The staff input all information given onto an Application for Child Care form. This form is then placed in the Wait List Binder, located in the office.
- Children are categorized on the list based on the initial contact and the room the child would initially be entering, for example, Infant Room, Jr. Toddler Room, etc.
- During this first encounter with parents, they are informed that it is their responsibility to contact the centre to confirm their child’s application on the Wait List and adjust any changes as needed.Parents are informed they can make this contact by phone, email or in person and it is strongly suggested to them to call monthly, perhaps adding the centre’s phone number to their contacts/notes as a reminder to call in.
If the parents have not contacted the centre within 6 months, the application for care will be removed from the wait list and placed in the declined file for a period of 6 months. At the end of these 12 months, the application will be removed from declined and shredded.
- When the parent/guardian does call/email/in person regarding their current position on the wait list, the office staff will inform the parents of their child’s current wait list position by providing our best approximation in these cases.
- West Ridge Early Education Centre staff members will be given priority spots on the wait list then Internal Families who currently have siblings already enrolled with us. Then the external waitlist is consulted.
- Having your child’s name on the Wait List does not guarantee a spot. Availability depends on several factors within a classroom; birthdates, spaces available, classroom availability etc.