- The parent/guardian fills out an application for care on our website. If a call is made to the office, the parent/guardian is directed to the website to fill out the form. Applications can not be completed in person or on the phone unless required for accessibility.
- Children are prioritized on the list based on the initial date of application, the room the child would initially be entering and the consistency of monthly check ins.
- After the parent/guardian fills out an application, they will receive a confirmation email (within 72 hours) letting them know next steps, as they are now officially on the wait list.
- When the parent/guardian does their monthly call or email check in, the office staff can, at that time inform the parents of their child’s current wait list position by providing their best approximation.
- If the parent/guardian have not checked in with the centre within 6 months of their application date, their application will be removed from the wait list. If the family contacts the centre after (the initial) application has been removed, the application process must be started from the beginning and the child will be added to the bottom of the list.
- West Ridge Early Education Centre staff members will be given priority spots on the wait list, then the siblings of children already enrolled with us. These families are placed on the Internal Wait List.
- Having your child’s name on the Wait List does not guarantee a spot. Availability depends on several factors within a classroom; birthdates, spaces available, classroom availability etc.